Tuesday, May 23, 2006

do I have a choice?


This photo was taken ten days ago. Just trying and starting to wean her. So I am giving her a milk compliment, which I am sure that she wil not be very happy about it. Look at her, she was thinking if she will going to take the bottle of milk I gave her or she will insists on breastfeeding! I guess, it will be going to be a big job and it will not be very easy for both of us. Breastfeeding is perfect because baby and mother grow to love and appreciate each other. Theres the feeling of closeness while breastfeeding. Baby feels secured while being nursed. But somehow theres always an end to everything and the battle continues. Today is her 11th day of refusal ! Whenever she insists and claims to be nursed she's trying to tuck her hand under my shirt searching. Though my heart is melting because of pity while she cries..... kailangan ko syang tiisin !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel for you...

Hey, why don't you try that lemon thing? Maybe it'll work? Nabasa mo ba yong blog ni Ligaya tungkol dito? It worked well for her and Ninev.

I weaned Melvyn when he was one month old, wala kasi akong gatas. Wala pa siyang malay non kaya hindi ako nahirapan.

Courage maman, courage!

Anonymous said...

Kawawa naman si Mayumi. Ayaw bang inumin? Binigla mo áta. When I weaned Abby hindi ako nahirapan sa kanya ako ang nahirapan dahil naawa ako sa kanya. Umiinom namn siya ng milk sa bottle kaya no problem. Mahirap kasi mag breastfeed if you are traveling kaya yon we introduced organic goat milk sa kanya and she likes it until now.

les crapouilles said...

Joy - I have read Ligaya's entry and I guess I will try to do the same. When I was away for a couple if hours my hubby tried to give her the milk cimpliments and it worked! But when I am around she's begging :-(.

Agring - Hindi naman I gave her mittle by little yung 20 oz lang muna then pataas ng pataas ang measurement! The thing is if I am around talagang nag insist sya pero pag wala nga ako napipilitan syang uminom especially pag gutom na sya! Hay buhay....dami ko pa ring gatas ;-)

Anonymous said...

hayy, i've read a lot about this stage of motherhood and i know it's hard. i weaned louna at 3 mos old so di masyadong mahirap, she was still flexible that i could introduce anything to her without any problem.... now, my problem is she doesn't like water at all, at as in hirap syang mag-poo ha, im trying to add some orange zest, medyo ok naman, then little by little, we will reduce the quantity of orange para water na lang... hirap, summer na no, she has to drink water..

ps: mimi on photo 'ano to, alien?'