Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I am a Christian

Finally, at 2 years old I was baptised last July 1st of this year! My Mom worked hard for for this one time occassion. She made personalised recto-verso invitation , thank you card and souvenirs. My grandfather and her wife helped us to find a reception out of Marseille to accomodate the guests.

The priest who baptised me is a friend of my Dad during his younger years. I was baptised in this church called L'Ouvre de Jeunesse. Their main goal is simple to have an educational project which accomodates throughout the year children and young people in order to allow them in building all dimensions of their personality. To develop their sense of communication, fundamental values which will guide their personal life and of relation with others. Learn to be of service to others and exemption from payment, training of freedom and responsibility. It wishes to help each young person to become adult from what he is today, to appreciate with their right value the tangible properties, convinced that the man is worth more by what he is not by what he has. Inviting the world in full change, with the testimony of a life which is for the other source of hope.


I have shared this moment of joy with my family and close friends. Entering to a life of Christianity is something that I look forward too. My parents congratulated me because I behaved like a big girl.


The mass was just exceptional because there were young children of different ages to witness this unforgettable celebration with me. As a sign of their participation they have played instruments, sung religious songs all throughout the mass. They have even made a sign of the cross to welcome me to experience the inward grace of the first sacrament.


Now there you go my Ninang and Ninong (godmother and godfather) who have happily accepted their responsibilities as my second parent.

To end up the celebration we have devoured this delicious French typical cake with champagne on the side !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mayumi!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Tita Leah !